Applications can be given to any Board Member.
A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
• Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices, clinics, try-outs, and in the locker room.
• May help out at practices, clinics, try-outs only. (May not participate as a player in scrimmages or games when acting as a STUDENT COACH).
• May not act as the head coach or an assistant coach during practices or games.
• May be on the bench during games with an adult. The STUDENT COACH will count as one of the maximum of four Team Officials allowed on the bench.
• Must wear a helmet with full face shield, gloves, and skates while on the ice. Must wear helmet during games while on the bench.
• May only work with players at least one full playing age level down (e.g., a Bantam age player may act as a STUDENT COACH at the Pee Wee, Squirt or Mite level).
• Student Coach PDF Download
• Upon reaching the age of 18, the STUDENT COACH must comply with the USA Hockey Screening Program and meet the USA Hockey Coaching Education Program requirements which will qualify him/her to act as an assistant or head coach.